Announcements

• FIU Annual Sigma Xi Meeting and Induction Ceremony

Dear Sigma Xi colleagues

Please mark your calendar!

Our annual Sigma Xi meeting and induction ceremony is scheduled for Friday April 5, 2019 from 4 PM to 6 PM.  You will receive more information in the coming weeks.

You might have received information regarding nominating your graduate students for Sigma Xi Membership. I had send out an email to all the graduate program directors in early January.

Graduate students at FIU have the opportunity for their first year membership in Sigma Xi to be paid by the University Graduate School. This is the third year the Graduate School has made this generous gesture. Sigma Xi membership is by nomination with the endorsement of two current members. You can download the nomination form from the posted link.

Please complete and forward the form to the FIU chapter officer Jean Hannan ( jhann001@fiu.edu ) or myself (smoulik@fiu.edu) for review. If two Sigma Xi members are not available in the department to sign the form, please email the completed form along with the student’s CV and the chapter officers can sign the nomination form. Please forward all nominations by February 25, so that all applications can be processed before the induction ceremony.

I look forward to seeing you at the annual meeting and induction ceremony in April.

With warm regards,

Saby Moulik, PhD

President, FIU Chapter of Sigma Xi
    The Scientific Research Honor Society

Associate Professor
    Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine
    Cellular Biology and Pharmacology
    11200 S.W. 8th St., AHC2 461, Miami, FL 33199
    (305) 348-4388   smoulik@fiu.edu