Dear Members of Sigma Xi:
Sigma Xi is highly focused on achieving its mission which is to enhance the health of the research enterprise, foster integrity in science and engineering, and promote the public's understanding of science for the purpose of improving the human condition.
We are a Society who has proven our commitment to excellence in scientific and engineering research, recognizing the value of and providing opportunities for our members and future researchers to achieve scientific distinction.
While we eagerly pursue this mission, the Society will persist in heightening its dedication to the advancement of knowledge through research, service, teaching, diversity, inclusion and professional ethics. It is through your voice that we are able to fulfill the Society’s goals, moving forward and adhering to our mission.
I want to encourage and invite you to participate in the election process for selecting the next leaders of the Society. Please take a few minutes to think about who you know that you believe can provide the best leadership and vision to help guide Sigma Xi to thrive and fulfill its mission.
We are seeking qualified candidates for the following positions:
President-Elect: Election to this position carries a full 3-year term, each year with distinct title, duties, and responsibilities. Failure to complete any part of the 3-year term will end the term in full:
President-elect: July 1, 2021 – June 30, 2022
President: July 1, 2022 – June 30, 2023
Past-president: July 1, 2023 – June 30, 2024
Board of Directors: 3-year term (July 1, 2021 – June 30, 2024)
- Baccalaureate Colleges Constituency
- Canadian/International Group
- Northwest Region
- Southeast Region
Associate Directors: 3-year term (July 1, 2021 – June 30, 2024)
- North Central Region
- Southwest Region
- Membership at Large Constituency
- Research & Doctoral Universities Constituency
Committee on Nominations: 3-year term commencing immediately following the 2020 elections
- Mid-Atlantic Region
- Northeast Region
- Area Groups, Industries, State & Federal Labs Constituency
- Comprehensive Colleges & Universities Constituency
You can learn about the duties and responsibilities of each position by visiting www.sigmaxi.org/2020-elections and review Sigma Xi’s bylaws for more information.
Voting for all positions will begin November 9, 2020 through December 8, 2020, by electronic means. All active members of the Society are eligible to vote.
- Only active full members of Sigma Xi are eligible for office. An inactive member may become active at any time through payment of current dues.
- Nominations for the President-Elect position are due by March 2, 2020.
- Nominations for the Directors, Associate Directors and Committee on Nominations are due by June 30, 2020.
- Nominations should be submitted to email@example.com.
I invite you to consider nominating someone or yourself, whom you believe is best qualified to fill these vital roles within the Society.
Jamie L. Vernon, Ph.D.
Executive Director and CEO
Sigma Xi, The Scientific Research Honor Society