The SLU Sigma Xi Research Symposium will be held from 3:30 to 5 p.m. Monday, May 7, 2018 in the Wool Ballroom, on the lower level of Busch Student Center.
Both undergraduate and graduate students are invited to submit an abstract. The deadline for abstract submission is 5 p.m. Friday, March 23.
There will be a total of six awards, one for each of the highest scoring undergraduate and graduate projects in the three subject divisions (biological/life sciences, physical/engineering sciences, and social/behavioral sciences).
Abstract Submission Guidelines*:
- Abstracts must be submitted via the Google form here.
- The following information is required:
- Presenter's name and email
- Research Advisor's name and email
- Coauthors and affiliations (if any)
- Specify whether undergraduate or graduate category
- Specify which section you are entering (life/biological sciences; physical sciences/engineering/mathematics; or social/behavioral sciences)
- Abstract should be no longer than 200 words and should include topic background, research question, method(s), and brief results. No footnotes or images should be included
Abstract Submission deadline: 5:00 p.m. Friday, March 23, 2018.
Click here for additional information.
Any questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*All research that involves animals, human subjects or bio/chemical agents and/or radiation must receive the appropriate institutional approvals. Click here further information.
Please forward this message to your colleagues and students who might be interested.
Hisako Matsuo, President
Dana Baum, President-Elect
Lisa Willoughby, Treasurer
Tesa Rigel Hines, Secretary
Sigma Xi Scientific Research Honor Society is an honor society and was founded in 1886. The Society has more than 500 chapters in the world. The SLU chapter was founded in 1944. If you are interested in becoming a member, please send a message to email@example.com. For more information regarding the Sigma Xi Scientific Research Honor Society, click here.