Announcements

• Initiation of New Members, banquet and Leccture

Dear Sigma Xi Colleague

There will be an initiation of new members to our Sigma Xi Chapter. The initiation, a reception, a banquet, and a lecture will be held on April 25, 2018 at the University Club of Nashville.  The functions will begin at 5:30 PM with a reception at which complementary appetizers will be served.  A cash bar will be available.  At approximately 6:00 we will convene for the initiation of the new members.  The banquet will begin at approximately 6:15.  I encourage as many members as possible to attend these functions—especially those who have nominated new members.

Two entrée selections will be available: chicken or fish.  Please fill out the form below, incdicating your preferences.

Name___________________________ Selection_____chicken______fish.

Number of persons attending_____ at $40.00 per person, 

Total_______.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please send this form, and a check (made out to the Vanderbilt Chapter of Sigma Xi), so that I receive it by April 18th  at the latest, to:

Benjamin J. Danzo, Ph.D.,

Vanderbilt University School of Medicine,

210 Oxford House,

1313 21st Avenue South,

Nashville, TN 37232-4245

Our banquet speaker will be Dr. Tiffiny Tung, Associate Professor of Anthropology at Vanderbilt. She an anthropological bioarchaeologist who analyzes mummies and skeletons from archaeological contexts in the Peruvian Andes, both to document their health status and lived experience. Her research interests include paleopathology, violence-related trauma, and the use of the body and body parts in rituals.

I AM SURE THAT HER TALK WILL BE A VERY INTERESTING.

Thank you for your attention.

Ben Danzo,

Secretary/Treasurer,

Vanderbilt Chapter,

Sigma Xi