Announcements

• Need of a scientist for an interview

Hi all
      Sigma Xi headquarters was contacted by a producer with a German TV station who is interested in interviewing scientists in their labs as part of their March for Science coverage. If anyone in the NE region is interested, they should contact Timo Peitsch directly at Mu.Washingtonprod1@zdf.de
    Below is the message he sent to national:

I’m Timo Peitsch (Mu.Washingtonprod1@zdf.de) and I’m a producer with ZDF German Television (www.zdf.de); we are Germany’s national public television broadcaster, just like the BBC or PBS. ZDF runs one of the largest foreign broadcast operations in Washington DC.

I’ve read that the Sigma Xi is supporting the March for Science on April, 22nd. We are planning to cover the March for Science (April 22, 2017). For that we are doing a background piece and I’m trying to find scientists we can film in their lab before the March and at the march in DC.

Because we are TV we need good visual material. It would be better to have a medicine, physic or chemist (applied science) instead of e.g. a linguist. We are flexible in case of the area but we would prefer a lab at the East-Coast.

Do you know anybody we can talk to?

With kind regards,

Timo Peitsch